The New Zealand Orthotic & Prosthetic Association promotes ethical and professional Orthotic and Prosthetic service delivery by advancing high standards of patient care through technology, education, research, knowledge, advocacy, and collaboration.
The New Zealand Orthotic and Prosthetic Association is the largest member organisation representing the orthotic and prosthetic profession in New Zealand. The association has a variety of members, with an elected National Executive Committee (NEC) of up to nine members. NZOPA is mandated by its members to fulfil the following role:
- Provide ethical codes of conduct for professional orthotic and prosthetic practice and service delivery.
- Arrange and host local conferences and events to facilitate continuous professional development and education.
- Represent the profession in matters related to reimbursement levels of orthotic and prosthetic service delivery with third party reimbursement institutes.
- Facilitate communication between reimbursement institutes and other stakeholders and the orthotic and prosthetic profession.
- Facilitate dispute resolution between orthotic and prosthetic practitioners and any other third party.